January 31st, 2011
|None of it: grapes, raisins, grape juice, wine. While one raisin or one grape that rolls under the table is not a real problem, grapes in quantity are very toxic and dogs seem to be attracted to them. Grape toxicity begins with vomiting and diarrhea and can progress to kidney failure 24 hours after ingesting. Beware guests who leave half-finished glasses of wine around and amateur dog trainers who amuse themselves by tossing grapes to your begging dog.
Helen Fazio and her dog Raja are world travelers. Click here to visit their blog,
and click here to follow them on